Credentials and methods matter to you. I respect that.
You deserve a therapist who has methods to meet your needs. And you want to be sure she has the training and expertise that will be effective in helping you achieving your goals. These are mine:
Beth Luwandi Lofstrom, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, Ohio, License number: E.1901313. I also practice in the role of Life Coach when requested and appropriate.
Training and Influences:
- Relationship and Couples Counseling: Terry Real, John Gottman, Susan Johnson, Stan Tatkin, Esther Perel, Jan Bergstrom, Helen Fisher, Brené Brown. Find recommended book titles from these authors and others under the Resources tab.
- Theory and Methods: Virginia Satir, Erik Erickson, Carl Rogers, Irv Yalom, Albert Ellis.
- Personality Psychology : Don Riso and Richard Hudson, The Enneagram institute.
I’m a certified DART Therapist (Developmental and Relational Trauma) and use it with couples, individuals, and in my group programs. I have extra couples training in Relational Life Therapy, the Gottman Method, and Emotionally Focused Therapy. I’m a natural Existentialist and humanist, a practitioner of mindfulness and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy, a client-centered clinician. The Enneagram Personality Typology is my favorite personality index.
All of this together has influenced what I practice as Whole Human Therapy(TM) or WHaT Therapy (TM).
Many of the techniques, methods, and tools used in WHaT Therapy (TM) are original and specific to individuals. Based on personality psychology, plus the latest brain science and best practices, the approach is easily understood, simply applied, and highly effective.
Founder, Whole Human Therapy™ est. 2015. It includes (but is not limited to) Clean, Non-Blaming Communication or CNBC™, The Love Equation,™ Human Parts Chart,™ the Nuclear Meltdown,™ and the book: After the Affair: Healing for the Offender (C) 2017.
In the works: Clean, Non-Blaming Communication: STOP TALKING your Relationship to Death. Attract what you crave and leave the conflicts, power struggle, and frustration behind; also A Therapist’s Handbook for Treating Infidelity, and Whole Human Therapy; WHaT makes this approach different.
- Chi Sigma Iota, the International Honor Society and Professional Association for Counselors.
- Greater Cincinnati Counselor’s Association, member in good standing, 2021.
- American Counselor’s Association, member in good standing, 2021.
- TEDx Gustavus Adolphus College, Minneapolis, MN, 2017. STOP TALKING: How your communication is actually ruining your relationship (and what to do about it.)
- The Practice of Being Seen Podcast; Episode 46: The Gentle, Benevolent Observer: A new Approach to Addressing Infidelity in Couples Counseling
- Women in Depth Podcast, Episode 78: After Infidelity: Healing for the Offender
- Psych Central.com The Art of Private Practice Is Private Practice Worth it?
- Selling the Couch Podcast, Episode 96: Using Strengths to Address Weaknesses
Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio. suma cum laude
Master of Arts in Teaching, English Minnesota State University, Mankato, Minnesota all but thesis. Original research: Measuring the Impact of Self-Naming (including evaluation of labels placed by others) on Quality of Writing Voice in a Heterogeneous and Homogeneous Classroom as a Means toward Pluralism. GPA 4.0
Bachelor of Arts in English, Writing Emphasis, Music Minor, Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, Minnesota, magna cum laude.