Credentials and methods matter to you. I respect that.
You deserve a therapist who has methods to meet your needs. And you want to be sure she has the training and expertise that will be effective in helping you achieving your goals. These are mine:
Beth Luwandi Lofstrom, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, Ohio, License number: E.1901313. I also practice in the role of Life Coach when requested and appropriate.
Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio. suma cum laude
Master of Arts in Teaching, English Minnesota State University, Mankato, Minnesota all but thesis. Original research: Measuring the Impact of Self-Naming (including evaluation of labels placed by others) on Quality of Writing Voice in a Heterogeneous and Homogeneous Classroom as a Means toward Pluralism. GPA 4.0
Bachelor of Arts in English, Writing Emphasis, Music Minor, Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, Minnesota, magna cum laude.
- Relationship and Couples Counseling: Terry Real, John Gottman, Susan Johnson, Stan Tatkin, Esther Perel, Helen Fisher, Brené Brown. Find recommended book titles from these authors and others under the Resources tab.
- Theory and Methods: Virginia Satir, Erik Erickson, Carl Rogers, Irv Yalom, Albert Ellis.
- Enneagram Personality : Don Riso and Richard Hudson.
Extra couples training in the Gottman Method, Relational Life Therapy, and Emotionally Focused Therapy. I’m a natural Existentialist and humanist, a practitioner of mindfulness and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy, a client-centered clinician. The Enneagram Personality Typology is my favorite personality index.
Founder, Whole Human Therapy, 2015™ including: Clean, Non-Blaming Communication or CNBC™, The Love Equation,™ Human Parts Chart,™ the Nuclear Meltdown,™ and the book: After the Affair: Healing for the Offender (C) 2017. Coming soon: Clean, Non-Blaming Communication: STOP TALKING your Relationship to Death. Attract what you crave and leave the conflicts, power struggle, and frustration behind. In the works: A Therapist’s Handbook for Treating Infidelity
Many of the techniques, methods, and tools used in WHaT Therapy (TM) are original, specific to individuals. They are based on understanding personality plus the latest brain science and best practices. They are designed to be easily understood, simply applied, and highly effective.
Some techniques, methods, and tools stem from modalities in Relational Life Therapy, (Terry Real), The Gottmann Institute, PACT (PSychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy,) Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy and Emotion Focused Individual Therapy, Imago Therapy, Experiential Therapy, Existential Therapy, and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT). In addition, Reality Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy, Gestalt are accessed when appropriate. We’ll choose what fits you and has the highest potential to get you where you want to be.
- Chi Sigma Iota, the International Honor Society and Professional Association for Counselors.
- Greater Cincinnati Counselor’s Association, member in good standing, 2019.
- American Counselor’s Association, member in good standing, 2019.
- TEDx Gustavus Adolphus College, Minneapolis, MN, 2017. STOP TALKING: How your communication is actually ruining your relationship (and what to do about it.)
- The Practice of Being Seen Podcast; Episode 46: The Gentle, Benevolent Observer: A new Approach to Addressing Infidelity in Couples Counseling
- Women in Depth Podcast, Episode 78: After Infidelity: Healing for the Offender
- Psych Central.com The Art of Private Practice Is Private Practice Worth it?
- Selling the Couch Podcast, Episode 96: Using Strengths to Address Weaknesses