Is Coaching right for you?
Sometimes you just need someone to walk right alongside you in order to achieve your highest goals in the shortest amount of time. That’s when you get Coaching from an expert.
If you have short-term, highly defined goals in one area like Career and Productivity, Attraction, Naturally, or Midlife Dating, Mating, and Relating Coaching might be for you. If you’re ready to invest in yourself, willing to adjust what’s not working, and make significant changes that will stick with you for life, all while having a razor-sharp individualized program designed just for you, go the Coaching route.
If you have wider-ranging goals related to improving your marriage, handling infidelity, processing grief, getting over heartache, managing anxiety or life stress, Counseling may be more appropriate. Or, if you are not completely sure what you want and need guidance to figure it out, Counseling is definitely the route I recommend exploring first.
Licensed Professional Counselors complete graduate-level education in applied Psychology which is regulated by a national board, then they pass a board exam, and are licensed by their state of practice. They maintain continuing education and adhere to the American Counseling Association’s Code of Ethics.
Although there are certification programs, one does not need to be licensed or certified to practice as a Life Coach. Coaches focus on just a few areas of specialization to solve “short-term” challenges in ways that serve clients for lasting change. Coaches need to get results for their clients.
I have both areas covered. I’m a Licensed Professional Counselor and you can read client success stories HERE.
What it means for you:
I offer counseling unless you request coaching. Coaching requires screening and approval. Qualified Coaching clients will not be allowed to get coaching for counseling prices. I don’t do coaching with my counseling clients. These are two separate animals.
Practical distinctions come down to this:
- Coaching is goal-oriented, intense, and razor-focused to get results in the least amount of time.
- All coaching packages include 2 emails (client initiated) between appointments.
- Coaching is out-of-pocket only. No insurance covers it.
- Some people prefer to have a “coach” versus a “therapist” or vice versa. I love both but the methods are different.
- Coaching is screened, numbers are limited, and I only take the most motivated, committed, and appropriate clients.
Here’s the general process in Coaching:
- We meet to discuss where you want to go and set goals.
- We’ll pinpoint what’s working and obstructing progress.
- We identify and prescribe skills you can use to obliterate the obstacles.
- You’ll practice focus behaviors between sessions and have a chance to check in by email.
- We’ll continue to measure change based on your goals until…
We don’t stop until you get where you want to be… or you quit. (Truth is, I haven’t had a single person quit yet.)
Sounds good, right?SCHEDULE
I’ll send your short ten-minute application. We’ll schedule a FREE half-hour phone session before you commit.
Coaching is only available in prepaid packages. Prepaying the package amount saves you a little dough (normally per-session rates are $295/50 minutes.) More importantly, it commits you to finishing what you start here. Some of you need that kind of incentive.
You may want more work at the end of the package and that’s great too. (Most clients have so much success, they set goals in another area and we continue. Just warning you.)
- 4 – 50-55 minute sessions @ $270 each for a total of $1080 prepaid (to be used within 45 days of start.) includes 2 email exchanges between sessions.
- 6 – 50-55 minute sessions @ $260 each for a total of $1560 prepaid (to be used within 60 days of start.) includes 2 email exchanges between sessions.
- 10- 50-55 minute sessions @ x$250 each for a total of $2500 (to be used within 90 days of start.) includes 2 email exchanges between sessions.
Coaching is for high achievement and well-defined goals. Your individualized sessions and personal application between sessions (including using your email correspondence to support that application) are specifically designed to get you where you want to be as quickly as possible.
The short application should take about ten minutes. Once returned, we’ll schedule a FREE half-hour phone session before you commit.
Want a low-risk way to get to know me?
Get in on the FREE Coaching Club for Insiders. There’s no cost, no obligation. Just your good email and you’re IN. Plus, of course you can unsubscribe at any time for any reason. No harm done. I protect these addresses like they’re my children.