Founder, Whole Human Therapy, 2015™ including: Clean, Non-Blaming Communication(CNBC™),The Love Equation,™ Human Parts Chart,™ the Nuclear Meltdown,™ and the book: After the Affair: Healing for the Offender (C) 2017. In the works: Clean, Non-Blaming Communication: STOP TALKING your Relationship to Death. Attract what you crave and leave the conflicts, power struggle, and frustration behind.
- Theory and Methods: Virginia Satir, Erik Erickson, Carl Rogers, Irv Yalom, Albert Ellis;
- Enneagram Personality : Don Riso and Richard Hudson;
- Relationship and Couples Counseling: Terry Real, John Gottman, Esther Perel, Helen Fisher. Find recommended book titles from these authors and others under the Resources tab.
I’m a natural Existentialist, a practitioner of mindfulness and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy, a client-centered clinician, a humanist. The Enneagram Personality Typology is my favorite.
Many of the techniques, methods, and tools used in WHaT Therapy (TM) are original, specific to individuals and intended to be accessible and effective. Others stem from modalities in Reality Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy and Emotion Focused Individual Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Relational Life Therapy, (Terry Real), Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy, Gestalt, Experiential Therapy, Existential Therapy, and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT).
Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio. suma cum laude
Master of Arts in Teaching, English Minnesota State University, Mankato, Minnesota all but thesis. Original research: Measuring the Impact of Self-Naming (including evaluation of labels placed by others) on Quality of Writing Voice in a Heterogeneous and Homogeneous Classroom as a Means toward Pluralism. GPA 4.0
Bachelor of Arts in English, Writing Emphasis, Music Minor, Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, Minnesota, magna cum laude.
- Chi Sigma Iota, the International Honor Society and Professional Association for Counselors.
- Greater Cincinnati Counselor’s Association, member in good standing, 2018.
- American Counselor’s Association, member in good standing, 2018.
- TEDx Gustavus Adolphus College, Minneapolis, MN, 2017. STOP TALKING: How your communication is actually ruining your relationship (and what to do about it.)
- Psych Central.com The Art of Private Practice Is Private Practice Worth it?
- Selling the Couch Podcast, Episode 96: Using Strengths to Address Weaknesses
- The Practice of Being Seen Podcast; Episode 46: The Gentle, Benevolent Observer: A new Approach to Addressing Infidelity in Couples Counseling