Credentials and methods matter to you. I respect that.
You deserve a counselor and coach who has the training, expertise, and methods to help you achieve your goals. These are mine:
Beth Luwandi Lofstrom, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, Ohio, License number: E.1901313. I also practice in the role of Relational Coach when clients reside in other states or countries.
MA, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Xavier University, Cincinnati
LPCC, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, Ohio, USA
DARRT, Developmental and Relational Trauma Therapist, HOCI Institute
- Relational Life Therapy, Terry Real
- EMDR Consulting International
- Personality Psychology : Don Riso and Richard Hudson, The Enneagram institute.
- Theory and Methods: Virginia Satir, Erik Erickson, Carl Rogers, Irv Yalom, Albert Ellis.
- Additional Couples Theory: The Gottman Institute, Susan Johnson (EFT) Stan Tatkin (PACT), Esther Perel.
I’m a natural Existentialist and Humanist, a practitioner of mindfulness and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy, a client-centered clinician. The Enneagram Personality Typology is my favorite personality index.
I founded and practice Whole Human Therapy(TM) or WHaT Therapy (TM). Read about it in detail HERE.
Many of the techniques, methods, and tools used in WHaT Therapy (TM) are original. Based on personality psychology, evidence-based practices, and neuroscience, the approach is easily understood, simply applied, and highly effective.
My Work and Methods
Founder, Whole Human Therapy™ est. 2015. It includes (but is not limited to) Clean, Non-Blaming Communication or CNBC™, The Love Equation,™ Human Parts Chart,™ the Nuclear Meltdown,™ and the book: After the Affair: Healing for the Offender (C) 2017.
In the works: Clean, Non-Blaming Communication: STOP TALKING your Relationship to Death. Attract what you crave and leave the conflicts, power struggle, and frustration behind; also A Therapist’s Handbook for Treating Infidelity, and Whole Human Therapy; WHaT makes this approach different.
- Chi Sigma Iota, the International Honor Society and Professional Association for Counselors.
- American Counselor’s Association, member in good standing, 2023.
- Healing Our Core Issues Institute, member in good standing, 2023
Speaking on the Methods
- TEDx Gustavus Adolphus College, Minneapolis, MN, 2017. STOP TALKING: How your communication is actually ruining your relationship (and what to do about it.)
- The Practice of Being Seen Podcast; Episode 46: The Gentle, Benevolent Observer: A new Approach to Addressing Infidelity in Couples Counseling
- Women in Depth Podcast, Episode 78: After Infidelity: Healing for the Offender
- Psych Central.com The Art of Private Practice Is Private Practice Worth it?
- Selling the Couch Podcast, Episode 96: Using Strengths to Address Weaknesses
Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio. suma cum laude
Master of Arts in Teaching, English Minnesota State University, Mankato, Minnesota all but thesis. Original research: Measuring the Impact of Self-Naming (including evaluation of labels placed by others) on Quality of Writing Voice in a Heterogeneous and Homogeneous Classroom as a Means toward Pluralism. GPA 4.0
Bachelor of Arts in English, Writing Emphasis, Music Minor, Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, Minnesota, magna cum laude.